Manager of Metal Finishing Processes
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
SUMMARY: Responsible for the Finishing department. Plans the work of hand finishing, abrasive blasting, mass media finishing of metal additive parts used to meet engineering drawing requirements, production and shipping schedule. Assigns tasks to the employees individually according to their abilities and supervises their work for finish and production times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures targets are achieved in a safe, timely, quality, cost efficient and productive manner.
- Ensures employees are accurately trained, and always optimizes equipment availability, cycle times, and overall continual improvement.
- Review and plan for daily-weekly-quarterly labor, equipment, and supply requirements to achieve the departmental throughput while meeting and exceeding the productivity targets.
- Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis.
- Ensure employees are trained on production procedures and practices.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, training employees; planning, assigning & directing work; evaluating and appraising individual performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures that the right part numbers are being processed in the finishing area.
- Manage heat treat area. This includes scheduling heat treat priorities and ensuring compliance to fixed process. Also manage external heat treat vendors.
- Requisition materials as needed.
- Responsible for backing up the Production Control.
- Responsible for hand finishing, abrasive blasting and media area.
- Assist in other tasks as required
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent
- Three years related experience or equivalent
- Supervisory experience within a manufacturing industry
- Ensure product quality and manage production levels to meet goals
- Evaluate and improve work processes
- Maintain and master specialized tools required for the job
- Troubleshoot machine issues
- Resolve problems and work environment issues
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter that can identify potential problems and collaborate with management to take action
- Must possess willingness to assist where needed to ensure the company meets its goals and objectives on time
- Ability to use computer software to include but not limited to: Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must possess time management skills
- Willing to learn and apply new skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task, and detail oriented
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to learn procedures quickly and be a team player
Background checks will be completed on all candidates considered for hire.
- Easily adapt to new organizations / technical environments
- Project management on small to medium projects
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Aerospace experience preferred
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to sit, walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Work on Specialized equipment