Location: San Juan Bautista, CA
With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O’Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic brands in North America and Alpro and Provamel brands in Europe, WhiteWave Foods has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities.
Reporting to the Assistant Plant Manager this role supervises department team members focused on the production functions of Earthbound Farm while consistently achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Targets. The Production Supervisor ensures that production of products meets or exceeds efficiency and company quality standards. Essential Functions Required:
- Possess a high level of critical thinking skills and be able to manage strategically and manage operating priorities to attain desired production outcomes.
- Leverage interpersonal skills and leadership traits to inspire and motivate the staff assigned to your area of responsibility.
- Plan and establish work schedules and assignments. Assist in production sequence planning to meet production goals and provide superior customer service.
- Manage departmental objectives and operate to plant performance KPI’s
- Complete and analyze weekly departmental performance reports.
- Manage, document, and implement new and improved processes, and train staff for effective execution.
- Ensure team members take scheduled breaks and lunches, and finish shifts on time.
- Address and correct employee performance issues promptly and effectively.
- Manage and execute the training of team members on Department and Earthbound Farm policies and procedures.
- Ensure employees work in a safe manner, that equipment is properly maintained to operate safely, and that hazards are promptly identified and corrected.
- Monitor and maintain department housekeeping, ensuring audit and inspection readiness at all times.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions. Request materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Communicate any process deviation or product contamination issues to Production and Quality Assurance management.
- Participate in daily Operations staff meetings and weekly tailgate meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all company rules and regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Section 110.
- Contribute to a successful food safety culture by following the established guidelines as outlined in the Earthbound Farm Food Safety Policy.
- Follow all Company food safety protocols without fail.
- Always perform tasks in a manner that protects and promotes food safety.
- Proactively assist team members, managers and employees as needed.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and overtime as business requires.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required. Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university a preferred.
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
- One (1) to three (3) years relevant supervisory experience in a large-scale Manufacturing environment required.
- Ability to speak, write and read in the English language (i.e. digital displays and written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals); Bilingual/Bi-literate English and Spanish skills preferred.
- Must be willing and able to work in extremely cold temperatures (34-36 degrees F) and wet conditions.
- Up-to-date knowledge of State and Federal food safety regulations, Good Management Practices (GMP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) programs.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) certification a plus.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of Kronos Workforce Timekeeper a plus.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Software a plus.
SALARY: WhiteWave Foods Company offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts WhiteWave Foods, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibility to this job at any time.
WhiteWave Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to give equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, genetic testing information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military service, status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, disability or any other consideration made unlawful by state, federal or local law. All employment practices and personnel actions, including hiring, termination, job assignment, compensation, discipline, and access to benefits and training are made without regard to any status protected under applicable law. It is our policy to select the most qualified person for each position in the organization, whether that is a new hire, a transfer to another position, or a promotion.
This policy applies to all persons involved in the operation of WhiteWave Foods, including, but not limited to, employees, vendors, customers and their employees, contract and temporary workers and anyone else on the Company’s property.