Sales Apprentice / Marketing
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
As a Sales Apprentice / Marketing Representative you will be responsible for developing relationships with realtors, builders, financial service providers and community groups; participating in all steps related to the origination of a mortgage loan including but not limited to, meeting with prospects, counseling borrowers, taking mortgage applications(primarily face to face, as well as by phone); attending various rallies, luncheons, and events to raise referral source awareness of the CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc.’s (“CCM”) products and services; learning various borrowing programs and processes and stay current with changes and new products; learning various in-house technical systems and programs; and maintaining compliance with all federal, state, local and investor guidelines applicable to the functions of the position.
During your first few months of employment you will:
- Use approved scripts to handle incoming calls from consumers interested in CCM products
- Transfer live calls to CCM Licensed Loan Officers
- Conduct follow-up satisfaction calls to ensure superior level of customer service
- Prepare and study for the national SAFE Act of 2008 (NMLS) AND applicable state licensing exams
- Actively navigate between multiple computer programs, on dual monitors, while speaking with clients on the phone. (Programs regularly used include internet, databases, client account information, Microsoft Excel, email, etc.
- NOTE: You will be expected to obtain your Mortgage Originator License within 90 days of your hire date. To facilitate this, CCM will provide specialized training in conjunction with guidance from some of CCM’s top producing mortgage professionals, and on-the-job-experience
Upon successful passage of National and State exams and meeting licensure requirements, you will become a Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Establish a strong presence for CCM, including but not limited to, developing relationships with realtors, builders, financial service providers and community groups
- Participate in all steps related to the origination of a mortgage loan including but not limited to, meeting with prospects, counseling borrowers, taking mortgage applications, (primarily face to face as well as by phone)
- Attend various rallies, luncheons, and events to raise referral source awareness of the Company’s products and services.
- Learn various borrowing programs and processes and stay current with changes and new products
- Learn and utilize various in-house technical systems and programs
- Compliance with all federal, state, local and investor guidelines applicable relative to the functions of the position
- Bachelor's degree, with a minimum GPA 3.0
- Experience in sales or client service environment preferred.
- Highly effective oral, written and group communication skills
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective customers
- Strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, and the desire to overachieve
- Organizational and effective time management skills and the ability to succeed in a semi-autonomous, fast-paced environment
- Analytical skills to understand complex coverage details and guidelines
- NOTE: The Branch Marketing Representative must meet and maintain National SAFE Act education and exam requirements and obtain state specific mortgage loan origination licenses applicable to the position.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. (NMLS3029) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, creed, color, orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.