Location: Mentor, OH
Apex Life Science in Cleveland is looking for a qualified 3rd shift CNC Operator to work on site at our client in the medical equipment field. If you have experience in metal fabrication, or past experience in the medical equipment field while operating - please reach out to us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or apply directly.
- Receives work instructions and prepares and operates equipment in accordance with instructions.
- Monitors the quality of own work being produced and conducts own inspection
- Documents work as required.
- Actively seeks out process improvements and communicates appropriately.
- Performs basic machine set ups and adjustments.
- Moves materials to appropriate location for pick up to next work station.
- Performs daily clean up, maintenance, and 5s work within area of responsibility.
- Complies with all regulatory, safety, policies, and standards requirements.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
High school education or equivalent diploma.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
- Must be proficient in using measuring instruments (e.g. micrometers, calipers) to inspect own work in accordance with specifications and requirements.
- At least 1 year of related machine operating experience.
- At least 2 years experience working in a solid metal fabrication / machining environment.
Vocational school and/or Associates Degree in related field.
Considered a plus:
- Set-up experience is desirable.
- Experience in a lean, continuous improvement environment.
- Previous experience working in the medical equipment field.