Material Handler - Stand-Up Reach Forklift (2nd Shift)
Location: Franklin, WI
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Our Pet (Aquatics) Segment is searching for a 2nd shift Stand-up Reach Material Handler in our Franklin, WI office.
The Material Handler is responsible for warehouse activity involving the movement of inventory from bin to bin, filling customer orders and loading product onto trailers in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security and productivity. They are responsible for the completeness and correctness of inventory movements and all orders filled.
Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Operates LP powered industrial forklift, pallet movers, Stand up trucks and may operate shrink-wrap machine.
- Operates any material handling equipment safely and efficiently as required.
- Maintains material handling equipment by noting and reporting any damage or malfunction
- Performs material movements from bin to bin for putaway, picking or replenishment.
- Receives pick tickets from warehouse coordinator and read’s order number, size, color and quantity of merchandise.
- Picks customer orders for shipment ensuring that the correct number and type of products are selected.
- Carries or transports orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with material handling equipment ensuring orders are staged in order of delivery.
- May organize items on pallet by unit.
- May assist in placing incoming items in inventory.
- May conduct physical inventories as required.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Must have a forklift operator's license.
- Should have knowledge of Company products.
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities.
- Proven Computer Skills.
- Should have good hand/eye coordination to operate controls.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Plant environment with periodic visits to the office area of the plant.
- Exposed to any number of elements, but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.