Extrusion Maintenance Mechanic
Location: San Juan Bautista, CA
With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O’Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic brands in North America and Alpro and Provamel brands in Europe, WhiteWave Foods has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities. POSITION SUMMARY:
This Extrusion facility operates 24/7 processing materials such as PET, pellet, regrind, Flake. Maintenance Mechanic is responsible to support operations ensuring production line performance is optimize while minimizing downtime.
Additionally, the Maintenance Mechanic will perform preventative maintenance on equipment in order to minimize machine damage and costs.
The Ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining all equipment in all areas of the plant, and covering all emergency break downs and repairs in a timely manner. Possesses strong electrical and mechanical, welding skills. Perform preventative maintenance tasks, including lubrication, filter inspections and replacement, plumbing, and any other mechanical and electrical task as assigned. Possesses adequate computer skills to use CMMS system to generate work orders and complete PM’s. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possesses the ability to perform all mechanical and electrical duties required.
- Cover all emergency break downs in a timely manner.
- Inspect and perform preventative maintenance tasks in accordance with the RCM program to : Amut Extruders, Erema screen changers, Nordson Melt pumps,Dies,Callenders, Sella,Accumulators, Winding stations, Trimmers, Cumberland Grinders,dump hoppers, conveying to Silos,Unadyn blenders, Crystallizers, Dryers, rotary valves,water pumps, air compressors,Trimmers, Silicone bath, Pneumatics, Hydraulics and other Operation-Critical Equipment to insure functionality to require operational standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot, PLC’S I/O, VFD’s, Panel View’s, pressure transducers, heater elements, proximity switches, level sensors, fiber optic sensors, limit switches, thermocouples.
Education and Experience:
- Proactively assist team members, managers and employees as needed.
- Flexible with schedule and able to work AM, PM, weekends and overtime as required.
- Prioritize, schedule, and complete maintenance assignments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities through experience in maintenance are required.
- Successful work in a fast paced environment where decisive decisive decisions must be made.
- Actively participate on cross-functional teams for the continuous on-going improvements of methods and processes.
- Ensure proper up-keep of equipment address and resolve problems initiate work orders for repairs.
- Train, coach and involve employees. Hold accountable, address complaints and resolve problems.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Technical Aptitude- Comprehend complex technical wiring schematics.
- Must follow LOTO procedures, lockout of energy isolating devices whenever maintenance or servicing is done on machines or equipment.
High school diploma or General Education Degree and a minimum of 2 year experience in Extrusion or 3 or more years in industrial maintenance and electrical controls.
SALARY: WhiteWave Foods Company offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts WhiteWave Foods, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibility to this job at any time.
WhiteWave Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to give equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, genetic testing information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military service, status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, disability or any other consideration made unlawful by state, federal or local law. All employment practices and personnel actions, including hiring, termination, job assignment, compensation, discipline, and access to benefits and training are made without regard to any status protected under applicable law. It is our policy to select the most qualified person for each position in the organization, whether that is a new hire, a transfer to another position, or a promotion.
This policy applies to all persons involved in the operation of WhiteWave Foods, including, but not limited to, employees, vendors, customers and their employees, contract and temporary workers and anyone else on the Company’s property.