Production Associate - 2nd shift
Location: Franklin, WI
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Our Pet Segment is searching for a 2nd shift Production Associate in our Franklin, WI office.
The Production Associate is responsible for the manufacturing and packaging of our aquatic and reptile food/chemical products.
Please see our website at www.central.com for additional information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Set up and operate machinery in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Packaging, assembling, lifting and moving materials according to company specifications.
- Directly responsible for adjusting machine settings to ensure speed, product integrity, quality and overall efficiency of machine output.
- May operate multiple machines.
- Must have the ability to analyze problem(s), trouble shoot and provide successful solutions.
- Ensures all products are produced and/or packaged according to established quality standards.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Complies with all safety rules and company policies.
- Understands and supports the goals and objectives of the department.
- Trains new and existing personnel and backups.
- Maintain clear communication with coworkers and supervisors.
- Exposure to Shellfish may occur in this role.
- Must abide by food safety principles and wear proper personal protective equipment as according to FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act).
- Other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Plant environment with periodic visits to the office area.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pound with or without accommodation.
- Exposed to any number of elements, but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Noise level in the work environment varies with specific areas requiring hearing protection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.