Mechanic - Production
Location: FORT MADISON, IA
Operates, troubleshoots, repairs, constructs, installs, adjusts, maintains, overhauls, adjusts any and all equipment related with production operations and assigned equipment. Works with all personal to help the plant improve and run efficiently. Works as needed in a mechanical capacity to help the plant to improve run efficiently and works with manager to perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for production of highest quality products in an efficient and safe manner
- Extensive mechanical knowledge of any and all production equipment
- Operates any and all production equipment
- Performs any and all quality PCPs on assigned production equipment and machinery
- Ability to use manuals to learn and master new mechanical components not previously used on your own
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical diagrams – able to use to help troubleshoot issues with machines
- Maintains all work area to expected levels or organization and cleanliness
- Completes all requires documentation for purposes of traceability, activity and maintenance records.
- Can operate a forklift
- Completes all assigned SOPs and documents why when any SOPs are not completed
- Work with management to improve work area, safety, quality, cost and productivity
- Other duties as assigned by management
High School or equivalent, strongly prefer trade school or apprentice.
Desire 2+ years of mechanic experience in a manufacturing environment. Prior can-making experience is a plus.
Able to work at high levels under stressful situations, dependable, good communication skills, able to work with little supervision and able to operate forklifts. Must have the ability to work safely in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
Able to work on feet all day, able to work 12 hour days. Rotating schedule, able to work nights or days, able to work in low and high temperatures (20 to 115 degrees), able to lift up to 50 lbs, occasional work in confined spaces, able to bend, twist and kneel, able to work at heights including use of steps and ladders.