Manager Material Handling
Location: Canton, MS
Name: Nissan USA
Manager Material Handling
Supply Chain Management
Type of Contract
Site / Location of Position
US - Canton, MS
Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA)
Nissan is a global company driven by the accomplishments of our employees. We find pride in our continued commitment to diversity and an exciting lineup of vehicles. Simply put, we are at the intersection of people, transportation, and the environment which keeps us at the forefront of innovation. With over 3 million vehicles produced at our Canton manufacturing plant, the work is challenging, your success is recognized and you will feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of each day. We're currently looking for a Manager - Material Handling to join our team in Canton, MS.
1. Manages material handling operation in assigned areas; ensures material and parts necessary to run production arrive in a timely and efficient manner to meet goal of zero missed units and zero downtime.
2. Manages reduction of inventory record variances; manages reduction of scrap, overtime, facility, equipment, and operating costs; assists in reduction of square footage space requirements.
3. Coordinates with manufacturing management to ensure successful planning and implementation of new and revised product launches; identifies and resolves any material handling issues and problems that may affect production.
4. Coordinates with other material handling personnel in other areas to ensure adequate labor and equipment allocations to meet production requirements.
5. Communicates with suppliers to ensure timely movement of crossdock material into the plant; resolves any material shortages and concerns, and coordinates on time delivery of materials into assigned areas.
6. Management Accountabilities: Has nonexempt through journey-level exempt subordinates or contractors. Supervises and provides leadership, coaching, guidance, training and staff development; interviews and selects unit employees; plans and evaluates employee performance; recommends merit increases, transfers and promotions; counsels and disciplines employees as necessary; recommends termination when appropriate; and monitors time and attendance of subordinates.
7. As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
1. Job Knowledge and Skill: Excellent communication and motivational skills. Knowledge of ISO14000, and ISO9000.
2. Experience: Seven to ten years of related experience at a professional level.
3. Supervisory Experience: Five or more years as a supervisor/manager, providing leadership, coaching, guidance, and training and contributing to staff development.
4. Education: A related degree from a four-year college.
5. Computer Skills: Working knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to produce non-standard, creative products.
We are proud to offer employees a benefit package that is designed to enhance your well-being and reward job performance. Some of these benefits include comprehensive healthcare coverage, paid holidays, paid vacation time, 401(K), vehicle lease/purchase programs, and more.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Put yourself in the driver's seat and apply today.
All of us at Nissan - regardless of functional area or expertise - share a passion to design, manufacture and sell high-performance, fun to drive vehicles. Nissan is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all. Applicants will be considered for all positions regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.