Location: San Juan Bautista, CA
With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O’Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic brands in North America and Alpro and Provamel brands in Europe, WhiteWave Foods has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities.
Individuals in this position are responsible to safely and efficiently perform a variety of unskilled manufacturing tasks involved in the production of Earthbound Farm packaging. Tasks and duties include monitoring and manipulating materials at finishing stages of packaging production; prep various sized containers, erecting totes, and dispose of scrap packaging material. Individuals must be able to routinely work ten (10) or more hours per day and be available nights and/or weekends as required by the business needs.
• Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
• Lift finished products, and packed items, manually or using pallet jacks.
• Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected; notify supervisors or operators of any malfunctions or safety concerns.
• Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
• Immediately notify supervisor of any process deviations from specification or any contamination of product.
• Maintain a safe, organized and clean work area at all times.
• Participate in and complete all required training.
• Willing and able to work overtime as required.
• Adhere to all Company food safety protocols and requirements; perform tasks in a manner that protects and promotes food safety.
• Cooperate with supervisors and managers and ensure compliance with all Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 - Section 110
• Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body as outlined in the attached Physical Demands section of this position description.
• Proactively assist other employees and team members as needed.
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
• No formal education required.
• High school diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum six (6) months experience in a physically demanding occupation.
• No specific qualifications or certifications required.
• Demonstrated history of reliably fulfilling obligations and delivering quality results.
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
• No specific skills or experience required.
SALARY: WhiteWave Foods Company offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts WhiteWave Foods, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibility to this job at any time.
WhiteWave Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to give equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, genetic testing information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military service, status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, disability or any other consideration made unlawful by state, federal or local law. All employment practices and personnel actions, including hiring, termination, job assignment, compensation, discipline, and access to benefits and training are made without regard to any status protected under applicable law. It is our policy to select the most qualified person for each position in the organization, whether that is a new hire, a transfer to another position, or a promotion.
This policy applies to all persons involved in the operation of WhiteWave Foods, including, but not limited to, employees, vendors, customers and their employees, contract and temporary workers and anyone else on the Company’s property.