Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. Our automotive division strives to lead the way with innovative solutions to ever changing customer challenges and opportunities. Within Stanley Engineered Fastening automotive division, an opening is currently available for Header / set up at our Chesterfield, MI plant.
Basic Purpose and Objective
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, sets up various sizes and types of cold forming and thread rolling machines to automatically shape and thread parts to blueprint specifications and set-up charts including Formax machines. Works in a safe manner.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installs, thread rolling tooling and cold heading tooling in various machines including Formax machines.
- Sets up, installs and calibrates various support equipment.
- Computes feed length and progression, and establishes process parameters and sets monitoring equipment to insure processing parameters are maintained to produce quality parts.
- Reads measuring equipment such as shadowgraph, micrometers, calipers, thread roll graphs, and related equipment and documents on appropriate paperwork.
- Performs minor tool modifications to include sharpening and adjustments to maintain integrity of parts.
- Sets up Formax tool packs off line to maximize machine efficiency / utilization.
- Moves stock to and from machines.
- Performs housekeeping in department.
- Ability to read dispatch list / schedule and plan/execute Formax set-ups
- Helps perform PM activities on Formax machines.
- Moves containers of finished parts.
- Performs monthly cell clean outs.
- Able to work overtime as scheduled.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
- Practical application of fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion, mensuration, logarithms, slide rule, practical algebra, geometric construction, and essentials of trigonometry.
- Write in moderate to simple sentences to provide manufacturing information.
- Have or be able to obtain a Hi-lo license within the probationary period.
- Ability to use various measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, shadowgraphs, and thread roll graphs.
- Prior experience preferred 3-5 years
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Header Operator / Set Up - APPLY HERE
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.