Location: La Porte, TX
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with peers in other regions of U.S. to drive continuous improvement and alignment
- Drives purchase-to-pay process performance improvements
- Contributes to the development and implementation of purchase-to-pay and strategic sourcing processes, procedures, and systems.
- Acts as a true business partner for sites leadership teams and provides comprehensive procurement solutions to all stakeholders
- Collaborates with Centralized Sourcing Category team and reinforce one team mind set when implementing Sourcing strategy
- Maximizing Managed spend and ensures that spend not covered by strategy is well managed, via market analysis, RFP/RFQ, supplier negotiation and other activity
- Ensures all operational procurement KPIs are under control
- Ensures high ethical standards are met by self and the organization within area of responsibility
- Coaches, develops, and motivates employees through formal and informal processes including dialogs, skill gap analysis, training and coaching
- Supervises and develops Buyers within the procurement team to meet efficiency and KPI targets.
- Understand Operations / Manufacturing needs and ensures that goals are aligned with company goals, business drivers, and functional goals.
- Maintains focus on value added activities and able to identify and implement alternative, innovative, and creative solutions to drive lowest total cost of ownership. Capable of balancing cost saving opportunity with risk mitigation
- Develops strong working relationship with Category team; approaches the sourcing strategy methodology according to guidelines; conducts necessary project management activity for local site projects.
- Can manage multiple work streams with moderate risk and complexity; develops the strategy for projects including cross- functional teams and can effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years related experience required with a degree (12+ years in lieu of a degree);
- 3+ years of chemical or oil & gas experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is required.
- 10+ years of experience in Technical or Business-related positions.
- At the site and regional level, possesses and advanced knowledge of the company products and processes at local sites relating to production, maintenance, materials management, and purchasing.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to apply the concepts of general business systems, personnel management, team dynamics, purchasing management, concepts of strategic planning and sourcing, performance measurements, and management through systems at local teams and sites.
- At the site and regional level, possesses an advanced understanding of markets and business practices at site level.
- Master's degree preferred
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.