Field Service Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Pay: $20.00 - $32.00 /Hour
Name: Tim Goff
Our client, a leading manufacture of custom machinery, is seeking a talented Field Service Technician to join their growing organization. Duties of this position will include equipment installation, technical support, servicing warranty issues, and providing training to end users.
Perform other and related duties as assigned, directed or within the scope of overall responsibilities
- Installing new equipment insuring that all electrical and mechanical systems are properly integrated and software is performing to meet customer's standards.
- Provide application support to meet customer expectations.
- Address customers issues and determine action items and best methods for response.
- Prepare service reports and maintain detailed documentation in order to insure inventory control and proper invoicing.
- Advanced electrical, mechanical and pneumatic skills
- 5+ years experience in custom machine design environment
- Must have the ability to understand PLC (programmable logic control) controls. ie: Siemens S7 Series and/or Allen Bradley Control Logix Series
- Engineering experience is preferred
- Ability to thrive in fast paced high pressure situations
- Experience with Machine Tools is highly desirable
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blue prints, and schematics
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and software issues
- Must be a road warrior and have the ability to travel internationally.