Location: Rochester, NY
This Role Requires Relocation to Greenville, SC
Competitive compensation including bonus plan, plus immediate benefits!
About the Company
Standard Motor Products (SMP)- is a leading independent manufacturer and distributor of replacement parts for the automotive aftermarket industry. We supply Engine Management and Temperature Control parts for motor vehicles – both domestic and imported. Our parts are sold throughout the U. S. and North America, Europe and Asia by traditional warehouse distributors as well as major automotive retail stores.
The Greenville Operations Facility manufactures both traditional Gasoline and Natural Gas Fuel Injectors. Many component parts are manufactured on site using CNC turning centers and other close tolerance metal cutting and grinding equipment. These lines are vertically integrated with many component parts manufactured on site, injection molding operations, winding machines, assembly and fuel flow setting and testing equipment.
The Company is headquartered in Long Island City, New York and has more than 20 facilities and distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, Europe, Mexico and Asia. For more information on SMP visit: www.smpcorp.com.
Standard Motor Products offers a competitive salary and benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to provide support to the fuel injector manufacturing processes. The desired candidate will have strong electro-mechanical skills that will support the manufacturing processes associated with fuel injectors. Opportunities include working with high precision measurement and flow testing equipment, design of test and assembly rigs and developing systems to monitor the quality of manufacturing processes. Experience with turning centers, injection mold equipment, automotive parts, pneumatic applications, computer controlled devices and fluid applications are desired in this position.
• Develop and maintain documentation including SOPs, Control Plans, Preventative Maintenance and other documentation in accordance with TS16949.
• Develop new product manufacturing and equipment specifications, processes and hardware.
• Perform cost justifications for new products and projects.
• Work with technicians and other engineers through successful launch of new products.
• Provide technical leadership for fuel injector and coil products.
• Provide troubleshooting for quality issues.
• BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 3 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
• Automotive parts experience preferred
• Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
• TS16949 experience preferred
• MS Office, JD Edwards and AutoCAD skills a plus.
• Sit at desk, stand, bend, stoop
• Use keyboard, telephone, computer, copier
• Communicate in person and in writing
• File paper and folders in drawers
• Bending, stooping and leaning at machines
• Walking between machines
• Use of hand tools, hand eye coordination required.
• Lifting up to 30 lbs during workday