Disinfection Operations Supervisor C Shift
Location: Rochester, NY
Pay: $15.07 - $19.00 /Hour
Name: Cassandra Kelley
Program: Business Services Office
Locati on: 400 West Ave
Position: Disinfection & Operations Supervisor (C –Shift)
Hours: 40 hrs / 52 wk (10:30 p.m. – 6:30 a.m.)
Salary Range: $ 15.07-19.00
Salary Grade: 11
Qualifications/Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma required. Associates Degree preferred in Environmental Protection/Safety, Custodial/Janitorial Science, Facilities Management or related discipline; related training and/or certifications is a plus. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Familiar with State and Federal/OSHA/National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health regulations.
· Knowledge of custodial maintenance and personal safety standards preferred; familiarity with OSHA guidelines and certification in general maintenance and/or related safety areas is required.
· Requires strong organizational, planning and analytical skills; requires flexibility and ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work in fast-paced environment; should have good record keeping skills and be attentive to details; ability to work as part of a team as well as work independently, using sound judgement with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrated knowledge of custodial maintenance and personal safety standards is required; familiarity with OSHA guidelines and certification in general maintenance and/or related safety areas is required.
· Knowledge and training directly related to Covid-19 and other infectious viruses/disease control (i.e. origins, factors, pandemics, etc.) is required; knowledge of infection prevention/intervention and risk-reduction practices aimed at reducing transmission of germs, contaminants, etc. that may contribute to infectious facility conditions, is required.
· Knowledge of established disinfection/sanitation practices, procedures and standards is required; familiarity and experience with standardized equipment, supplies and terms used in the disinfection/sanitation process (i.e. PPE, fogging, spraying, concentration, contact times, etc.) is required; demonstrated knowledge of proper safety precautions for usage and storage of approved disinfecting, products, chemicals, equipment and supplies is required.
· Prefer knowledge of established disinfection/sanitation practices, procedures and standards; familiarity and experience with standardized equipment, supplies and terms used in the disinfection/sanitation process (i.e. PPE, fogging, spraying, concentration, contact times, etc.) is a plus.
· Knowledge of proper safety precautions for usage of disinfecting, sanitizing products, chemicals and supplies used in disinfecting work is a plus; knowledge of methods proper storing of special disinfecting equipment, materials and supplies.
· Knowledge of proper cleaning, disinfection, and maintenance methods and equipment used for care of floors/stairs, carpets, furniture, walls and building fixtures is required.
· Ability to perform heavy manual lifting; and requires ability to move and lift heavy objects- fifty pounds.
· Ability to work scheduled hours; flexibility to work overtime/ varying hours and shifts as assigned
· Bi-lingual capabilities English/Spanish is a plus
· Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License and have access to reliable transportation
· Ability to pass P.E.; Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and physical.
Certain custodial positions of ABC Dept. may be required to receive and maintain a full clearance from the Justice Center of New York and the Office of Children and Family Services that allows them unsupervised contact with children. Any prospective or current employees who has an indication of child abuse maltreatment or neglect, or who cannot be left unsupervised with children, may not be hired or retained.
The above description covers the principle functions of the job. It has not intended to be a complete listing of all the miscellaneous incidental or substantially similar duties, which may be assigned during normal or emergency operations.
Please Forward Resumes/Applications to:
Human Resources Department
Action for a Better Community, Inc.
400 West Ave
Rochester, New York 14611